Next we will ride 2 more shallow loops down the long side.
Remember, the inside aids are relative to the bend, not the center of the arena!
Leaving at M slightly bent right, straighten for a stride or two and then change the bend to the left once you are about 1.5m from the track and 1/4 the distance to B.
Continue to make the loop larger right until you are about 3m from the track and 1/2 the distance between M and B then start to ask the horse to return to the track with your outside aids, once again changing bend back to the right when you are about 1.5m from the track and 3/4 the distance between M and B.
The feeling should be like you are riding a smooth, shallow “snake like” path.
Repeat for the second loop between B and F and finish up with a 10m circle in the blue cone corner.
By now we should be feeling some swing in our Horse’s back, let’s [intlink id=”1433″ type=”page”]move on to Leg Yield and Laterals[/intlink].
Read More Pages in this Dressage Training Article.
- Warming Up at the Walk, Riding 10 meter Circles
- Warming Up at the Walk, Riding Shallow Loops on the Center Line
- Warming Up at the Walk, Riding Shallow Loops Down the Long Side
- Warming Up at the Walk, Riding 4 Loops Down the Center Line
- Warming Up at the Walk, Leg Yield Right to Half Pass Right
- Warming Up at the Walk, Leg Yield Left to Half Pass Left
- Warming Up at the Walk, Leg Yield In, Half Pass Back