Warming Up – Part 2.
The last post I made on this subject we had completed the walk warm up, stretching our horse from side to side and initiating some lateral stretching of the abductors and adductors. Now we will use the same series of patterns for the trot. It is important to confirm these exercises at the walk before we try them at the trot.
There are several notes that I would like to add that deal with this pattern at the trot. For the most part, the working trot during the warm up should be executed rising. The diagonal that you rise on will have an effect on how well your horse is able to balance through this pattern, plus some parts of the pattern are quite useful for developing outside rein therefore the correct diagonal will be of benefit in helping that outside rein connection.
Read More Pages in this Dressage Training Article.
- Warming Up at the Trot, Riding 10 meter Circles
- Warming Up at the Trot, Shallow Loops on the Center Line
- Warming Up at the Trot, Shallow Loops down the Long Side
- Warming Up at the Trot, Ride 4 Shallow Loops Up the Center Line
- Warming Up at the Trot, Ride 2 Shallow Loops down the Long Side
- Warming Up at the Trot, Leg Yield Right to Half Pass Right
- Warming Up at the Trot, Leg Yield Left to Half Pass Left
- Warming Up at the Trot, Leg Yield In, Half Pass Back